What is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is a condition of enlarged breasts in men. It can be caused due to various reasons, including hormonal changes, obesity, heredity, or the use of certain drugs. This condition can occur at any age.
Gynecomastia can affect a person’s self-confidence and psychological ability. Some men may face complexes due to this condition and even avoid indulging in certain physical activities. In severe cases, it may cause problems such as neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain, rashes or skin irritation under the breasts, etc.
Gynecomastia Surgery is a plastic surgery performed to reduce the size of the male breasts. It is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of excess tissue, fat, and skin from the breasts to reduce the size of the male breast.
Advantages of Gynecomastia Surgery
- The surgery helps in improving the male breast appearance.
- It provides flatter, firmer, and masculine chest.
- It also relieves the pain and discomfort caused due to large breasts
- Improves the self-confidence and self-esteem in men
- The surgery has a faster recovery and invisible scars
When is Gynecomastia surgery indicated?
Following are the indications of Gynecomastia surgery:
- Severe body aches, neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain or physical discomfort due to enlarged breasts
- Restricted daily activities
- Rash or irritation of the skin under the breasts
- Any condition such as hyperthyroidism, malnutrition, hypogonadism, etc. that affect the hormonal levels
What is the general procedure of Gynecomastia Surgery?
The technique to perform gynecomastia surgery depends on various conditions. If the enlargement of the breast is due to excess fatty tissue, the surgery is performed using the Liposuction technique to reduce the breast size. Whereas, if the condition is due to the excess breast skin, then the breast surgeon may use the excision technique.
The surgeon gives general anesthesia to the patient so that the surgery is pain-free. He then makes a cut around the nipple and removes the excess breast tissue, fat, and the skin to reduce the size of the breasts. The incision is closed with the help of sutures. Usually, it takes 2-4 weeks to recover from Gynaecomastia Surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery cost in Pune
Our website provides you appropriate information regarding cosmetic and plastic surgery. You can find extensively trained surgeons for Gynecomastia surgery in Pune. The cost of surgery may vary depending on the factors such as surgeon fee, type of surgery planned to be performed, type of hospital, admission fee, etc. Gynaecomastia Surgery cost in Pune starts from Rs.35000. The average expense for the surgery Rs.53930. Maximum charges rise to Rs. 85000.